Our BOAT Constitution and By-Laws contain many opportunities for membership involvement. BOAT is only has good as its membership participation. Sign up for one of our committees. There are many areas to help out and learn more about our organization. Below is a list of our standing committees:
- Program and Education Committee shall establish long-term educational training goals and objectives. The committee shall oversee all training activities (other than BPI), and monitor and evaluate existing training programs. There is a board of director liaison with this committee.
- Legislative Committee will be responsible for long-term legislative objectives affecting code related issues and BOAT membership. The committee shall be composed of members with the TML representative as one of the members and the liaison to the board of directors.
- Membership, Promotion, and Development Committee shall be responsible for the promotion of the association and the profession by, but not limited to press releases; public image enhancement; development of professional and industry partnerships; newsletter content, format, and article suggestions; fundraising; community service projects; and any other initiative that will assist members in their individual professional development, as well as promoting the code development industry. There is a board of director liaison with this committee.
- Code Review Committee shall be responsible to review and prepare positions on proposed code amendments to the adopted building construction and maintenance codes.
- Awards and Scholarships Committee shall be responsible for selection and presentation of awards and recognitions approved by the board of directors. There is a board of director liaison with this committee.
- Professional Volunteer Disaster Survey Team shall be responsible for coordinating and assisting a municipality or regional area with disaster assessment and professional recommendations on disaster remediation. There is a board of director liaison with this team.
Email our Affiliate Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or attend our upcoming conference in August and sign up for a committee. We need you; consider signing up today!