The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) has been working diligently over the last year to onboard the Code Enforcement Officers Licensing/Registration Program.
Prior to accomplishing this feat, TDLR embarked upon what proved to be an extremely successful outreach effort to ensure licensees throughout the state were well informed of estimated timelines, expected enhancements to service delivery through improved processes, alignment of activities, and the unwavering commitment we continue to see in the TDLR team members and its organization.
With that said, as of November 1, 2017, Texas Code Enforcement Officers can be assured that their licenses are in good hands. Some of the noticeable changes that we can celebrate include:
- A highly informative, user friendly, and easy-to-navigate website: https://www.license.state.tx.us/ceo/ceo.htm
- Improved response time and expedited turnaround on service requests
- Structured alignment of the functions within TDLR (compliance, enforcement, licensing, education, etc.)
- New or existing licensees may apply or renew online
- Establishment of the Code Enforcement Officers (CEO) Advisory Committee
- Establishment of Enforcement; Licensing; Education/Examination Workgroups comprised of TDLR staff and CEO Advisory Committee members
- Public input and engagement opportunities
The first TDLR CEO Advisory Committee public meeting was held on December 14, 2017, and can be viewed at https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/ceo/ceocmte.htm#meetings.
The next TDLR CEO Advisory Committee public meeting will be on May 10 at 1:00 p.m. Please feel free to send me requests for discussion items on future agendas, and I will be happy to forward your requests to TDLR for consideration.
TDLR encourages you to sign up and stay connected: Sign up for email updates.
Thank you for the privilege of serving BOAT. I look forward to seeing you this year at the BOAT Annual Conference in Amarillo.
BOAT members can stay informed by:
- Accessing our website: https://www.boatx.org/
- Joining our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BOAT-Building-Officials-Association-of-Texas-224699038060418/
Teresa Adrian, CCEA, Code Enforcement Director, City of Irving
BOAT Director at Large